Mixed-Use Lab & Office Space -
DOWNERS GROVE, IL
The newly installed central heating and cooling plant provided exceptional value to the client:
- More efficient operation, reliability, visibility, and management of the newly installed central heating and cooling plant
- Increased comfort for building occupants
- Improved Air Quality providing code required outdoor air for the 1st floor offices, conference rooms, and laboratories
- Minimized disruption to client's daily operations throughout installation
- Easily serviceable; eliminated disruption to client's daily operations for routine service/repair
- Existing equipment demolished and removed from site to provide additional storage space on mezzanine
- $8,000 obtained in energy rebates
The client required an upgrade to their central heating and cooling plant so that high efficient equipment and a building automation system can be installed. The client was seeking visibility into the central plant operation and reduced energy consumption. Taking advantage of energy efficiency rebates as payback for this capital investment was also favored.
EMCOR Services Team Mechanical upgraded the main components of the central heating and cooling plant. The original Makeup Air System was nearly four decades old and the Low Pressure Steam Boiler was over two decades old, both reaching their life span. The Low Pressure Steam Boiler was replaced with a new Hot Water Condensing Boiler dedicated entirely to the closed loop heat pump system. The boiler upgrade allowed for a new Makeup Air System to be installed on the roof containing a Direct Expansion Air Cooled Condensing Unit and a Direct Gas Fired Makeup Air Unit. The Makeup Air System provides code required outdoor air to the 1st floor offices, conference rooms, and laboratories. The installation of a new Direct Digital Control (DDC) Building Automation System was also completed.
This client is a major manufacturer of vacuum closures for food products. The project was completed at a building that includes office space, lab, and R&D space.